It is currently March 28th, 2017, 11:02 am

Welcome
Welcome to the Virgin Atlantic 'flyingwithoutfear' message board

As a guest, you can read everything and anything you want to without registering.

If you want to post a message or comment, you will need to register (see button top left). It is fairly quick and painless except for a few anti spam measures we have in place to protect you and us.

Take care

Paul & Richard
Co-Founders

Please note:
1. When you register, you may be invited to buy things - just press the 'pass' button and they will go away
2. You will be asked things like date of birth when you register. We suggest making one up! We have done our best to make this forum secure and to hide private information, but you never know...

Forum rules

Relevant content only
Keep it clean
Ask ANYTHING you want to about flying

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Can I overcome this fear?
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2017, 11:59 pm 

Hi, I have been looking at taking a course for some time after unsuccessfully trying hypnosis. I've never had a bad experience with flying but each time I got progressively worse until the last time 4 years ago when the nerves made me so ill that I said I couldn't do it anymore. The thing is, I don't think my fear can be overcome because I'm not scared of how the plane stays in the sky, I understand this. I'm scared of terrorists and it seems like something that I'll always be scared of. It can't be made better by an explanation if that makes sense? The thing is I ride a motorbike. Statistically I know my fear is ridiculous but I have complete control of my motorbike, I have no control when I am on a plane with lots of other people. Any help, general discussion or observations most welcome. If anyone lives in London, I'd love to meet to discuss ways of getting help. Thanks

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ]