It is currently March 28th, 2017, 11:02 am

Welcome
Welcome to the Virgin Atlantic 'flyingwithoutfear' message board

As a guest, you can read everything and anything you want to without registering.

If you want to post a message or comment, you will need to register (see button top left). It is fairly quick and painless except for a few anti spam measures we have in place to protect you and us.

Take care

Paul & Richard
Co-Founders

Please note:
1. When you register, you may be invited to buy things - just press the 'pass' button and they will go away
2. You will be asked things like date of birth when you register. We suggest making one up! We have done our best to make this forum secure and to hide private information, but you never know...

Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ] 
 Post subject: Click <here> then <+ Post Reply> to comment
PostPosted: March 2nd, 2017, 9:37 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you for joining us this weekend at our Gatwick fear of flying course.

We very much look forward to your comments. To post your message, you will need to register as an anti spam measure. If you prefer, we can post for you...please email us at info@flyingwithoutfear.info

Thank you,
Your flying without fear team

Post subject: Re: Click <here> then <+ Post Reply> to comment
PostPosted: March 5th, 2017, 11:39 pm 

Thanks so much for today's course, for giving me confidence to go on and fly. The team were really great and it was really helpful to have the guided pilot commentary on the flight. A long day but worth it. Cheers

Post subject: Thank you!
PostPosted: March 6th, 2017, 12:28 pm 

I attended this course yesterday and have to say a massive thank you! I have only been on a plane twice - both times with my partner, where I had panic attacks and a lot of tears! I have avoided flying for the past 4 years but after the course; I happily got on the plane and actually enjoyed it! I cannot wait to go on a plane again - words I never thought I would say! I never thought I could get on a plane without my partner; but I did it all thanks to this course! The content was brilliant and all the speakers were lovely - and hilarious - I haven't laughed that much in ages! Also, thank you to my Team Leader, Vincent, as he put us at ease. Thank you for an awesome day and for getting me over my fear! Now I need to decide where to go on holiday... :)

Post subject: WOW!
PostPosted: March 6th, 2017, 1:11 pm 

I don't know if I can put it into words really. Other than I USED to be scared of flying. Thank you so so much for such a fantastic day.

I was so inspired by Steve. How he talked so passionately about Piloting and planes, just made me see flying all in a whole new light. People do this for a living and love it!

If I ever come across anyone that feels the way I used to feel about flying, I will be sure to point them to this course and blog. It's changed my life. And not just with flying. I am going to use the techniques we learnt in other parts of my life too. I only wish I could do the course again to talk to all you wonderful people some more. A shout out to Sue too, thank you for helping us through the techniques we learnt during the flight, you made us feel calm and safe. Congrats on your 180th flight!

I can't wait to book a flight later today, and I can't ever imagine feeling like that before the course. I can even look at a picture of a plane now, and think how sexy it is ;)

PostPosted: March 6th, 2017, 2:02 pm 

For the last 15 years I have been terrified of flying. I would cry my whole way through a flight feeling like I was about to die and would as a result never go anywhere. I decided it needed to stop and after years of looking at the fear of flying page on the internet I finally plucked up the courage to book it.

I found everything on the course extremely helpful.
Peter our team leader was incredibly sweet, and looked after us very well during the day. His experience, love of flying and travelling opened my eyes to all the things I have been missing out on.
Richard was so kind helpful and caring throughout the day and went out of his way to make people comfortable and console them when they were anxious.
The psychological aspect of the course with Paul and Karen was extremely helpful. The CBT techniques and explanations really helped control my fear as we came nearer to the flight.
The technique side of things with our pilot Steve was absolutely brilliant. Breaking down what happens during a flight and answering all of our questions, all our 'what if's' was an incredible relief.
Hand in hand with each other, the technical and psychological aspect of the course, are what got me on the plane at the end of the day.
Hearing Steve talk throughout the flight was SO helpful, and having the team come and talk to us all during the flight was an incredible help.I will now think of turbulence as 'sexy' and nothing else!

I cannot stress enough how much the team supports you throughout the day and the flight. Today I feel like I can book a holiday abroad with my family and be happy about it. It wont be all plain sailing, but this course gave me the means to fight my fear and live my life a little better.

Thank you ALL, very very much.

Alex

PostPosted: March 6th, 2017, 2:27 pm 

What a fantastic day!!!
I am so pleased I plucked up the courage to face my total and complete fear of flying. I have ruined so many family holidays with my anxiety building up weeks before departure, the complete meltdown on the flight, the dreading the flight back and then another meltdown on the return flight!!
As soon as I walked into the room yesterday and started talking to people, it became clear that I was not alone and that everybody who had signed up for the course felt pretty much the same as me. The whole day from start to finish was informative, supportive and so helpful with a good dose of humour thrown in!!
Captain Steve was fabulous and explained all the noises that a plane makes and just his very clear explanation of how a plane actually takes off and stays in the air has helped me enormously. His explanation of turbulence (one of my biggest fears) was brilliant but I'm not sure that I will ever view it as "sexy" but you never know!
My group were fantastic and a special mention for Mark who was our team leader. I couldn't have asked for anyone better - we were his first group so a baptism of fire for all of us - but he was so supportive all day and when we were on the flight and I was having a bit of a wobble, he talked me through it, reminding me of everything that had been discussed throughout the day. I got through the flight without a single tear being shed - unbelievable but amazing! Thank you so much Mark. Having Captain Steve on the flight giving a running commentary of everything that was happening as it happened was fantastic. A brilliant way to reinforce everything we had been told throughout the day.
Thanks also to Richard and Paul who injected so much humour into the day, it was just what was needed to make everyone feel less nervous and anxious.
I am now going to be able to book flights to Florence for my 50th birthday in May without the usual feelings of dread and fear - something I never ever thought I would say!
A HUGE thank you to everyone.

Post subject: Thank you!!
PostPosted: March 6th, 2017, 3:06 pm 

A massive thank you to the entire team at Flying without Fear and an extra thank you to a very special man, Mark Nicholls. It was Mark's first time as a Team Leader and he made it his mission to ensure we were at ease at every stage of the day. He was bombarded with questions and he tirelessly answered everything, always managing to nip our anxiety in the bud. The course was highly entertaining, but also an emotional rollercoaster. Captain Steve was extremely amusing and his constant narrative during the flight eased any nerves. Whilst I wouldn't skip for joy at the thought of flying, I do feel that I'm now fully equipped to deal with the anxiety and the panic. It was the first time in years that I managed to look out of the window during the flight. My husband has been hassling me for years to do this course. I only wish I'd plucked up the courage to do it sooner.

PostPosted: March 6th, 2017, 3:32 pm 

I cannot even begin to explain how ecstatic I still am today having completed the course yesterday. I had never flown before but didn't ever think that I would - I used to tell people it wasn't something that interested me. In fact, until three years ago I'd never left England but then managed to get on Eurostar and went to Paris. Then, just over 11 months ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer and have since undergone some really gruelling treatment. I'm just coming out of the other side now and it's made me really think about what's important and how short life is. You really don't know what's round the corner. Roger my husband has supported me through everything, not just in the last year but for 26 before that! He used to be a regular traveller but hasn't really been anywhere since then because of my anxieties, so I decided 'enough is enough' and booked onto the course. I figured that nothing could be as frightening as what I've just been through. The course itself was brilliant. Everything I could possibly be worried about from claustrophobia to turbulence was covered and the speakers were informative and very entertaining - especially Captain Steve (who was also bloody gorgeous!) We went at a really gentle pace, there was time for everyone to ask whatever question they liked and no one was rushed. In addition, no one was under any pressure to fly when it came to the end of the day.
We left Gatwick at about 7.00pm. I actually cheered on take-off it was so exhilarating and the rest of the flight was just as Captain Steve had said it would be - even a little 'sexy' turbulence. Plenty of 'Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow"!!! Landing was also great. I couldn't believe how beautiful it was looking down on the lights of all the towns and villages.
Special thanks to Vince, our team leader and to Richard for really going out of your way to accommodate me. Congratulations to everyone on my table - especially Amy. You were fantastic xx

So ... today we are in the process of booking a five day trip to Lake Garda - next Sunday! I am actually in tears because I cannot believe that after all this time I am going to Italy and to Venice. I am so, so happy and I cannot thank you all enough. Sarah xxx

Post subject: Fun, light-hearted and very interesting day!
PostPosted: March 6th, 2017, 4:22 pm 

Feeling a little nervous in the morning, I was unsure of how the day would unfold. But I am pleased to say, it was a lot better than I expected.
My Team Leader Allan, was friendly, funny and supportive throughout the day. Pilot- Steve gave some mind-blowing facts and statistics during his presentation. He kept it light-hearted and funny throughout so I felt more at ease as the day went on. The Psychological section was also very helpful, learning the tools and techniques to use when your anxiety is heightened during a flight.
For me, learning the theory behind flying an aeroplane has helped me tremendously! As well as learning about the different sounds and sensations you may feel throughout a flight.
I feel that the course was exactly what I needed to make me feel at ease with flying. It is well worth the money and time!
Thank you to all those who made yesterday such a fun, funny and interesting day :) :)

Post subject: To anyone that has a fear of flying - TAKE THIS COURSE!!!!
PostPosted: March 6th, 2017, 5:33 pm 

I just wanted to say a massive thank you to the whole team that presented this course yesterday. For someone that has hated flying all my adult life, this course has completely changed my mindset and addressed my fears. Ask yourself is your fear a thought or a fact?? My fears were all thoughts and yesterday proved that!!! The content and delivery that goes into this course is phenomenal. The speakers are so knowledgeable but most of all approachable and open to any questions you have, based on your fears. Everything makes sense to me now. How those tons of metal get off the ground to turbulence just being a ride down a cobbled street! Turbulence has always been my fear, often inducing panic attacks on board. Don't get me wrong, I have flown a lot, but I have always hated it and convinced myself that the worst is going to happen! But thanks to Richard, Paul, Captain "sexy" Steve, my team leader Allan and the rest of the wonderful Virgin team, my fears have been explained and dispelled. The insight into every detail of a flight is invaluable and i can safely say my next flight is going to be a completely different experience - thanks to this course. Well done guys - you have a fantastic product there, that I cannot rate highly enough. Thank you for a great day and to happy, enjoyable flying in the future!!

PostPosted: March 6th, 2017, 9:47 pm 

I honestly don't know where to start. Attending the course yesterday was one of the best things I have every done. Driving to work this morning, I looked up at the sky and thought to myself "What a beautiful view I'd have if I was up there flying now" and then smiled... then I was shocked that I had that thought! Before, I would look up at the sky and think "I am so glad I'm down here!" To me, that sums up my experience.

I can only describe it as it feels like my mind has been reset and I am starting my flying experience all over again, with the power to train my mind to not fear flying.

Richard and Paul, you have created something so wonderful, and I will be forever grateful! Steve, the pilot, was fantastic! I have not laughed and learnt so much at the same time! Turbulence will always be "sexy" from now on in (if you've met Steve, you know what this means ;) ). The psychology section was extremely helpful and I have learnt so many strategies that I will use on and off of an aircraft! Dave and my team leader Justine, were so informative and helpful throughout the whole day and answered ALL of my questions with genuine care and attention.

Lastly, I would just like to sincerely thank everybody who was involved with the course yesterday! You have changed my life!

Hopefully see you up there one day!

P.S. Here I am, all smiles on the flight!

PostPosted: March 6th, 2017, 11:07 pm 
Site Admin

Sent: Monday, 6 March, 13:18
Subject: FANTASTIC!
To: info@flyingwithoutfear.info

We had a brilliant time on your course at Gatwick, the team and talk was fantastic.Steve talk was so informative and his commentary on the plane was brilliant. we would like to thank all of you especially our team leader Gemma, who put us at ease. Well worth the time and money to overcome your fears which we did. Would recommend your course to anyone who has a fear of flying as it has helped me overcome my fear, and giving me my life back, will certainly be flying in the future.

Will certainly recommend the calming techniques THANKS for a great day

PostPosted: March 7th, 2017, 12:16 am 

I attended the Gatwick Virgin fear of flying course yesterday- totally amazing! Thank you so much to the whole team- you are incredible. After avoiding planes for 12 years and being a panicking, hysterical quivering wreck on all flights before that, I was able to calmly walk on to the flight yesterday - and with no alcohol!! Apart from a couple of peaks in anxiety with the small bumps when going through cloud, when my old thoughts crept up on me, I was able to listen to captain Steve talking us through it and remember it was safe and ok. I may never enjoy flying but can now get on a plane and be ok, and know I will be ok!! World, here I come :) The talk and information given from the sexy and funny Captain Steve helped me so, so much- Steve is absolutely incredible and has normalised flying and made sense of it all for me- even if he does seek out the jet stream :O ! Richard is so kind and caring, and Paul also really helped with his down to earth and humerous but very useful coping strategies.Karen was great too, together with Paul, in their help with the psychological aspect of fear. A special thanks also to our team leader Debbie Cole - really supportive and kind to our whole group all day. David Gott helped me understand that I don't need to constantly watch the cabin crew to determine if everything is normal or not!! I cannot recommend this excellent course enough and would urge any frightened flyer to book on it - if it can help someone as bad as I WAS, it can help anyone. And Steve- keep loving life and doing what you do!!! :)

PostPosted: March 7th, 2017, 5:49 pm 

Hi Everyone i was here the 4th of March flight only supporting my auntie, Well what can i say she did it and i am so proud of her, it was a very emotional day seeing the fear she had but she done it with the help of each and everyone of you.
I 100% say if anyone has a fear of flying then this is the course for you :) well done to all the virgin team :)

PostPosted: March 7th, 2017, 8:58 pm 

wow what can i say i am still on a high keep thinking it was a dream i have not been on a plane for 35 years ive missed out on so much it was a very hard day but to get on that plane was amazing so a big thank you to debbie my team leader and steve the most enjoyable pilot ill ever meet without you and And a big thank you to the rest of the team without you all i would never have done it.
I 100% recommend if your scared of flying then this is defo the course for you it kind regards aggie law x

PostPosted: March 9th, 2017, 9:13 pm 
Site Admin

Sent: Wednesday, 8 March, 23:44
Subject: Gatwick
To: info@flyingwithoutfear.info

Good Evening I wanted to say thankyou for an awesome day on Sunday at Gatwick . I found every aspect of the day faultless. I had some time ago attended a B A course but didn't make the flight , this course was so well supported and the personalities of the team were perfect for putting everyone at ease . I loved it . I didn't want to leave !!! Thankyou for your gold star service ! Long may you continue and if I need a "top up" or anyone I know needs help, you will be my choice !! Thanks again Linda Weaire

PostPosted: March 10th, 2017, 7:53 pm 

Thank you so much for a fab, well organised and professional day last Sunday.

I am actually 'excited' about going back up in a plane in June!

Thanks you

PostPosted: March 11th, 2017, 1:00 am 

Thank you so much for your course. I went into the course with a very negative view that it was going to be a waste of time but I will honestly say that this was the most rewarding course I've been to. I don't think I've ever come out of any course with a smile as big, you've really helped me. I am no longer sitting here dreading I'm actually sitting here looking to see where I can go next. Thank you so much for a very enjoyable day and for opening my eyes up to a whole new life.

Rose

Page 1 of 1 [ 18 posts ]