It is currently March 28th, 2017, 11:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to the Virgin Atlantic 'flyingwithoutfear' message board

As a guest, you can read everything and anything you want to without registering.

If you want to post a message or comment, you will need to register (see button top left). It is fairly quick and painless except for a few anti spam measures we have in place to protect you and us.

Take care

Paul & Richard
Co-Founders

Please note:
1. When you register, you may be invited to buy things - just press the 'pass' button and they will go away
2. You will be asked things like date of birth when you register. We suggest making one up! We have done our best to make this forum secure and to hide private information, but you never know...

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Birmingham February 2017
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2017, 7:43 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you so much for joining us this weekend for our fear of flying course at Birmingham.

We are really looking forward to reading your comments from the flight.

Your flying without fear team

To post, you need to register. If you find it takes too long to register...please just drop us an email info@flyingwithoutfear.info

Post subject: Wow.......simply fantastic
PostPosted: February 27th, 2017, 8:01 pm 

What can i say about yesterday except a massive THANK YOU to everyone involved in helping my wife Sue overcome her fear of flying.

From the moment we registered where Richard sent us off with Lois then all through the day with Paul, Captain Gary, Dr Jo and John we were treated fantastically with Richard and Gary especially going out of their way to provide first class assistance.

The course itself was very comprehensive in it's topics and no one's questions were ignored with genuine and easy to understand answers given.

The flight itself whilst not the smoothest of flights had a running commentary from Captain Gary who explained every detail as we went along which was a massive help.

I really did not think Sue would even get on the plane tbh but with all the help and support given during the day she got on, stayed on and whilst initially scared soon became calmer and ended up enjoying the flight and the whole experience.

So again a big THANK YOU to everyone involved in helping Sue to overcome her fear of flying......next stop Australia to se her Dad.

Post subject: Re: Click <here> first then <+Post Reply> to comment
PostPosted: February 27th, 2017, 9:23 pm 

A quick thank you to the team for a very positive experience yesterday, the 27th. Special thanks to team leader Zoe, her warm friendly personality helped us all to relax and to Dr Jo whose relaxation techniques will not only help with flying but with other areas of life too, she was fantastic.(I tried the Circle of Confidence in the shower this morning it really works!) The lunch was pretty good too :D Just wish you could have organized smoother weather conditions for the flight ! Thank you all.

PostPosted: February 27th, 2017, 10:52 pm 

Wow what a day!!!!!!
This is a message to thank everybody on the Flying Without Fear team for the most wonderful experience in Birmingham yesterday. I can't thank everybody enough for taking my problem seriously.
The techniques I learnt have begun to help me overcome my fears and I aim to continue to incorporate them into my everyday life. When I go on holiday this summer, I will use them when I need too. Captains Gary's technical information has given me a much greater depth of knowledge and understanding and an element of trust in the way that aircraft run. This was confirmed by the cabin staff and what a great job they do!
So thank you all once again. You really do change lives.

Regards
Jennie

PostPosted: February 28th, 2017, 12:57 am 

Karen

Thank you so much for your support, friendliness and practical strategies yesterday as Team Leader for the group I was part of. Within seconds of introductions your warmth, approachability and expertise put us all at ease. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and gained enormously from the course and your guidance and advice above all. Your one in a million Karen ...thank you!

With warm wishes from across the Welsh border .....
Delyth (Robinson) X

PostPosted: February 28th, 2017, 11:48 am 

I would just like to say a huge thank you to the whole team for their support and comfort at the Birmingham FWF course. From the moment I arrived (rather upset) your fantastic team took me under their wings (excuse the pun). A very special thanks to Zoe who lead me to her table and assured me that she would look after me - and that she did - all day!!

What was booked as a surprise birthday present for me (risky move on my husbands part) turned out to be a day that helped change my life and frame of mind forever and I can't thank you enough! The whole day was useful, calming and very informative - you guys made us laugh which put me at ease immediately.

I feel like I have a very in depth knowledge about flying now, which I can carry with me on every flight and reassure myself along the way that we will be ok! Speaking to people who fly on a regular basis as a career has helped ease my mind too - especially Gary who has flown sooo many miles and had no issues - yet I was worrying about a couple of flights a year!

Everything about the course was helpful and I have now learnt tips from Jo for stress and anxiety, something of which I will be using in my every day life and passing over to my mum who is also scared of flying (though I highly recommend that she completes the course!) - I only wish I had Jo's soothing voice on tape!

I arrived at the airport and waited to board the plane, far calmer than I have ever done before (without meds/drink) and I got on to the plane, completely tears free (I never thought I would) - the journey was a little more turbulent than I had experienced before (explained by the weather, smaller plane and lack of baggage) but this probably helped to show me that I was fine, I can do it and gave me chance to practice the relaxation techniques that we had been taught. Gary's calming voice throughout the journey, explaining what was happening definitely helped put me at ease too!

All in all, I would highly recommend the day to anyone with a fear of flying, the course gives you confidence and you are surrounded by an amazing team of truly caring people there for you whole-heartedly. Plus, other like minded flyers who you truly form a bond with and help along the way! I am so glad that I did the course and feel a lot more confident about my family flight this September with my little baby boy! I will never love flying but like you have shown me, I can do it and I can do it calmly!

I can't thank you enough for everything, especially Zoe who I couldn't have done it without - Zoe was so easy to talk to, very comforting, listened and continuously checked up on me throughout the day! She's an asset to the Virgin team!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! :D

Kelsey
xxxxxxxx

[b]Is the relaxation CD in the back of the booklet available on an app or file that can be sent over to me? I have a MAC laptop which is too modern to have a disk tray.[b]

PostPosted: February 28th, 2017, 10:47 pm 
Site Admin

Karen

Thank you so much for your support, friendliness and practical strategies yesterday as Team Leader for the group I was part of. Within seconds of introductions your warmth, approachability and expertise put us all at ease. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and gained enormously from the course and your guidance and advice above all. Your one in a million Karen ...thank you!

With warm wishes from across the Welsh border .....
Delyth

Post subject: Re: Birmingham February 2017
PostPosted: March 12th, 2017, 10:02 pm 

I don't know when I developed a fear of flying, however I know exactly when I beat it! Thanks to the flying without fear course in February at Birmingham; I have just returned from a week long visit to India. I could have not imagined being able to get on a plane and not be petrified. Thanks to the fantastic explainations of all the noises, turbulence and different feelings I was able to sit and look out of the window; and even reassure another nervous passenger! I'm so grateful for what this course has done for me, and what it means for the rest of my life.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]