It is currently April 24th, 2017, 12:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Welcome
Welcome to the Virgin Atlantic 'flyingwithoutfear' message board

As a guest, you can read everything and anything you want to without registering.

If you want to post a message or comment, you will need to register (see button top left). It is fairly quick and painless except for a few anti spam measures we have in place to protect you and us.

Take care

Paul & Richard
Co-Founders

Please note:
1. When you register, you may be invited to buy things - just press the 'pass' button and they will go away
2. You will be asked things like date of birth when you register. We suggest making one up! We have done our best to make this forum secure and to hide private information, but you never know...

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Daughter with fear of flying
PostPosted: April 4th, 2017, 2:46 pm 

Hi I was wondering if you could give me some tips to help my 12 year old daughter. We are due to fly to NYC at the end of May with Virgin but her fear is growing each week. We have flown to the US many times and as she is getting older and more aware her fear is growing, she does feel safe with Virgin but our return flight from Orlando last year was very bumpy due to the storms late August and she cried almost the whole way home. I am not sure if we could make a course before we go this time but will be doing it on our return so I was wondering if there are any videos on YouTube that may be appropriate for her to watch before we go this time and I wasn't sure if it was maybe worth letting Virgin know via special assistance or something about her fear I'm not even sure what they could do to be honest but any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Tracey

Post subject: Re: Daughter with fear of flying
PostPosted: April 6th, 2017, 11:31 am 
Site Admin

Hello Tracey,

Thank you for posting.

I am sorry to hear about your daughter's fear increasing. I am not sure if there are a few tips that will help her growing fear. I would suggest that you call special assistance at Virgin Atlantic to let them know you are flying and your daughter is a nervous flyer. They can let the cabin crew know so that they can keep an eye on you.

Their number is:
0344 481 4455
Also, please email me directly and I will send you some audio clips to listen to [email protected]

Best wishes
Paul

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ]