It is currently June 24th, 2017, 9:43 am

Welcome
Welcome to the Virgin Atlantic 'flyingwithoutfear' message board

As a guest, you can read everything and anything you want to without registering.

If you want to post a message or comment, you will need to register (see button top left). It is fairly quick and painless except for a few anti spam measures we have in place to protect you and us.

Take care

Paul & Richard
Co-Founders

Please note:
1. When you register, you may be invited to buy things - just press the 'pass' button and they will go away
2. You will be asked things like date of birth when you register. We suggest making one up! We have done our best to make this forum secure and to hide private information, but you never know...

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: click <here> then <+Post Reply>
PostPosted: May 22nd, 2017, 12:05 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you so much for joining us this weekend at Birmingham. We really hope you found it useful and we look forward to your feedback.

Many thanks
Paul & Richard

PS to post, you will need to register. Or you can just email feedback for us to post for you [email protected]

Post subject: re. May 28th birmingham course
PostPosted: May 28th, 2017, 9:53 pm 

Brilliant course... intense, thorough and informative. All staff were knowledgeable, helpful and supportive. After 5 years of flying with the aid of medication .. my first flight without. I just used techniques given with not one panic symptom and with the technical knowledge of planes and flying I really enjoyed the flight element. The world is now my oyster..thank you.

Post subject: Thank you!
PostPosted: May 29th, 2017, 11:58 am 

Thank you so much for the course yesterday, I'd never flown before and was SO nervous before arriving. Everyone was so friendly and helpful, particularly my team mentor Paul Christien. When it got to the flight, I found that I wasn't even nervous and it was completely fine - this would have been unthinkable just hours before! I thought I'd be a nervous wreck on the flight, but it was fine! Thanks again, I would 100% recommend this to anyone who's scared of flying. My fear has held me back for my whole life, but now it's behind me and I can get on with my life!
Thank you so much, Amy.

Post subject: Re: click <here> then <+Post Reply>
PostPosted: May 29th, 2017, 1:34 pm 

It was a really great course! Our team leader Nick made himself available throughout the day to answer all our questions, and couldn't have been better. He always looked after us and made sure we were feeling comfortable all the time. Thank you for your patience, your answers and your help!

Post subject: Re: click <here> then <+Post Reply>
PostPosted: May 30th, 2017, 1:09 pm 

Thank you so much for the course on Sunday. For the past 40 years I have flown all over but completely terrified and extremely anxious with the anticipation of turbulence and then hysterical if we actually had any. I'd usually cry like a baby and had to take Diazepam and the odd g&t to get me on the plane. My fear would begin days before and by the time I was checking in, the tears would come. I'd had enough of looking like a complete idiot so thought I'd have to do something about it and booked the course. I cried after I'd booked it as the thought of flying solo terrified me more! I stupidly had a little tear and got overwhelmed at just giving my name on Sunday morning :roll: but I have to say that the course was brilliant. It was well structured and informed and I personally found that the coping techniques given by Paul were invaluable. I always had the thought in the back of my mind that I wouldn't be getting on the flight but I'm pleased to say I did! I had no alcohol, no Diazepam and more importantly I did the flight without crying like a baby! RESULT!!! Had a little wobble on take off but was quickly reminded of my breathing exercises and this really helped. The big test will be my family holiday in July but I feel I now have the tools and knowledge to help me cope with the bits I don't like. I can't see that I'm ever going to love flying but at least I can now fly calmly and possibly enjoy flying with my family. The course was worth every penny and I can't thank the team enough. Special thanks to my team leader Chris who was great. He too was a course attendee 4 years ago but voluntarily offers his time each month to help other frightened passengers. His wife came along for the ride to see what he did every month at these sessions and actually she was just as fabulous and really helped too! I cannot praise the day and team enough and feel from now on I am on my way to being free of a debilitating fear. Thank you x :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]